Sunday, May 23, 2010

Opening Scenes in Films

opening movie scenes


10.) (Please watch this film in blu-ray, I can't link it but the whole scene is on youtube.) The Dark Knight (Yes I know it deserves to be higher, but this is my list.))

9.)No Country for Old Men (What an establishing mood)

8.)Twilight Zone Movie

7.) All that Jazz (This isn't the opening I posted that in my editing blog*)

6.) Delicatessen

5.) F is for Fake

4.) X2 (Say whatever you want about the rest of the movie but I think this one is the best of the 4. Minus the crappy, crappy ending.)

3.) Two Towers

2.) A Clockwork Orange

1.) Ghostbusters

(Possibly the most perfect chemistry in an ensemble cast in cinema history.)


Also the introduction in "Amelie" is fantastic

These are also NOT TITLE SEQUENCES ; I don't care for them very much, & the very best ones to me are short and simple ; like the title card in 'Saw" or "Funny Games" nothing fancy just start the damn movie.


Most title cards are gaudy and designed to give the movie a unique stamp and feel, while also keeping there attention to the top billed people that get in the film and most simply establish a mood rather than propel the story. "Apocalypse Now" has no opening credits & I love it.

That said "Watchmen"'s treatment of a title card sequence is superb.


Top 3. Favorite opening credit's sequences


3. Enter the Void

2. The Birds

1. The Watchmen . . . (You'll find it here, I can't imbed it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrVZV__w500)

No comments:

Post a Comment