Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dream

I had the strangest dream last night. It was so vivid. I was out a a condo with my family who were swimming, smiling, and hanging around the pool ready to get a group photo. Most of the dream my brother and I were just driving to find the condo, having vague directions, found my friends and family swimming and it felt real. Then while driving back through the condo parking lot to find a spot I saw a guy I work with here in California at the pool and waved at him and then as we parked, I thought that's odd, what's a California native doing, oh, it's a dream. It's strange that the human mind has a virtual reality simulator. Also a balder member of my friends had more hair, that clued me in it was probably a dream.


'Dreams seem real when we're in them don't they, it's only when we wake up we found something was wrong' - maybe that's what was strange. When I woke up and recalled my dream it seemed so . . . normal.



My brother says "What Dreams May Come" is one of the best written books he's ever read (though not his favorite) I just started reading it. (When I'm done either Battle Royal or American Psycho or perhaps more Matheson) but after reading the first few pages I can see the way it floats.

No comments:

Post a Comment