Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Movies I'm looking forward to this year.


 'Prometheus' was a pretty big let down . . . though it was gorgeous and I thought worth my while at a cheap theatre for the visuals and some other moments I liked. If it was being compared to 'Alien' it would never live up to the expectations. Very few films are ever that good. It was filled with major plot holes and continuity problems. It was obvious the last half of the movie was being directed by a committee and not a vision...it wasn't a good film the painful effect happens when you drive home and you go 'hey wait a minute, what the f*ck was that all about'? But I thought the visuals and the first hour kept me entertained and intrigued. 

But here's my list of CAN'T F*CKING WAIT TIL THEY'RE RELEASED FILMS OF 2012 - I'm making this list because I assume it'll be slightly different than other people's lists. 

2012's already had some fantastically unexpected pictures come out. "The Hunger Games"  was a let down for me but I didn't hate it, I enjoyed it, I wanted more passion and more honesty in the film (because kids in shock do not behave like they are really playing cowboys and indians. It's a bit disingenuous) but had some great moments for me to want to revisit that film. "The Avengers" broke records and was (for comic fans) genuine popcorn flick gold. (Of course neither of these are transforming life changing pieces but few films are) 

"The Grey" & "Cabin in the Woods"  being the most notable films that surprised the hell out of me for how great they were and it'll take a lot of greatness to knock them off my Top 10 list for this coming year (which I hope they are that'll mean it's been a fantastic year)…last year was so weak I only made a Top 5 and regretted 1 I put on there that I wish I had a better film to replace it with. 

While "Avengers" was incredible fun. I already know it probably won't crack my Top 10 of this year unless some of these on my list are major let downs. But here are the films I'm either most curious about or most excited to see. 

Ted . . .  (Yeah I'm actually hopeful this one will be just a solid fun comedy) 

Beyond the Black Rainbow . . . 

Dredd . . . 


The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey . . .  100%


On the Road . . . 

The Dark Knight Rises . . . 

. . .

other films like



and

  looks like great fun but I'm not exactly salivating. 

(This looks good too) 
Maybe it'll suck and maybe it'll be great but we get another "Silent Hill" movie baby.

There are big ones coming out like Les Miserables and The Great Gatsby but those I'll wait to hear if my friends liked them before I would think of checking them out. They could just be big epic messes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment