Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Songs for a Road Trip



These aren't songs about the road like,  "Turn the Page", "Truckin", "Friend of the Devil" or even "On the Road Again" . . . . now some of these songs are in fact about the road but that's not my criteria. The main thought was songs that have a particular kind of catchy almost poppy or unique speed and pacing to them to make the trek seem smoother, like you're driving to the tunes, now the last song on this mix is a slow song about the road but if you listen to it you'll know why I put it up and I cheat the criteria with 1 other song as well. The idea is you listen to this one on a long road trip and you'll get to 'Long Way' just as the sun sets and there are few cars on the road and your passenger is asleep and you get lost in the monotony and start to remember the little moments of your trip beautifully.   

1. Second Hand News - Fleetwood Mac 


2.  Dragon Force - Any song...it'll turn your road trip into a magical adventure through space and time, yeah


3. Out My Back Door - CCR 


4. Interzone - Joy Division 


5. I Wasn't Born To Follow - The Bryds 


6. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen (Provided passengers sing it with you) 


7. Running Down a Dream - Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers 


8. 3/5 of a Mile in 10 seconds - Jefferson Airplane  (Surrealistic Pillow, probably my favorite album title ever) 


9. The Passenger - Iggy Pop and the Stooges 



10. Long Way - Antje Duvekot 



My favorite road trip film is 'Y Tu Mamma Tambien' (Yeah)  and am fixing to read "On the Road"    and am excited for the film based on it staring Sam Riley. Plus I love a good road trip and because of my job I drive a lot so I thought I'd do this mix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment