Monday, November 18, 2013

My Top 10 Songs sung by Women.



I saw this very patronizing article disregarding female musical artists. So I've come up with my rebuttal. My top 10 favorite songs by female artists. This doesn't mean the band has to be all women, like "Kitty" but the main voice and focus from the song has to be a woman or have a twinge of femininity. (Must be sung by a woman) This was brought on by a band called Chvrches , which is stuck in my head. That and I live with a violinist and know tons of her musician friends and you know my first music video was from a girl fronted band , and because, women are awesome you haters. Anyways here's my Top 10. 


10.) Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit (Sung by the Goddess, Grace Slick*)  

9.) Machine Gun - Portishead (sung by the radiant Beth Gibbons)  

8.) Charlotte by Kitty*  

7.)  "Nevermind" - The Birthday Massacre (Sung by the adorable Chibi, I am too lazy to look up her real name) (Best female goth band vocalist pic ever!) 

6.)  (Needs no introduction) IF YOU MAKE A LIST OF GREAT FEMALE SINGERS AND DON'T INCLUDE THIS WOMAN SHAME ON YOU.

5.) Ghosts - Laura Marling (Yes that's Marcus Mumford playing drums, leave him alone this isn't about him.)  

4.)  Edith Piaf is a LEGEND. Because yes, that's why, if she's good enough for the movie "Inception" she's good enough for this list, but I like this song much better.

3.) This song trumps other great songs by them because of the way they play it live. Everytime, they kill it. (They're one of the best live shows, I've seen them twice.) 

2.)  Dear God I love her.   

1.) Ode To My Family - By The Cranberries (Sung by the spectacular Dolores O'Riordan)  Because yes that's why.

No comments:

Post a Comment