Wednesday, August 1, 2012

42 Favorite Songs


Rule 42: All persons over a mile high must leave the courtroom immediately…'but I'm not a mile high'. 

 : : : :  My 42 Favorite Songs : : : :  (Order dependent on mood, Top 3 100% solid.)

I threw some guilty pleasures on the list, pretty easy to spot, and I tried to avoid songs the only reason I like is because they're associated with a movie I like. This is just pure music. I've posted a handful, you'll just have to look up the rest if you want to hear them ;) Yes I like a lot of female vocalists.

*1 Disorder ~ Joy Division
2 These Times They are a Changing ~ Bob Dylan 
*3 There is a Light that Never Goes Out ~ The Smiths 
*4 Disintegration ~ The Cure 
5 Lonely Day ~ Ben Harper 
*6 Ode to My Family ~ The Cranberries 
*7 Second Hand News ~ Fleetwood Mac 
*8 Long Way ~ Antje Duvekot - Song starts 3:40 :)
*9 Stand By Me ~ Ben E. King
10 Today Was a Good Day ~ Ice Cube
*11 Sleepers Wake ~ Bach
12 Carolina in my Mind ~ James Taylor 
13 Juicy ~ Biggie Smalls
14  Tracy Chapman ~ Talking About a Revolution 
*15 Dark Come Soon ~ Tegan and Sara

*16 Jolene ~ Dolly Parton (*Original), Laura Marling, Jack White
17 San Francisco Bay Blues (*Don't know who did it originally) ~ Richie Havens, Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney 
18 Dreams ~ Fleetwood Mac 
19 Life Goes On ~ Tupac 
20 Sorrow ~ Bad Religion 
*21 Nevermind ~ The Birthday Massacre 
*22 Colder Weather ~ Zac Brown Band 
*23 Come On ~ Tegan and Sara 
(((FUCKING GORGEOUS)))
24 Rising of the Moon ~ Old Irish Song 
25 I Want You ~ Bob Dylan 
26 Feeling Good ~ Nina Simon (*Covered by) Muse 
27 How Will he Find Me ~ Deb Talan 
28 The End ~ The Doors 
29 Sitting on a Dock By the Bay ~ Otis Redding bitches*
*30 Dig Up Her Bones~ The Misfits
31 Sweet Soul Music ~ Arthur Conley 
*32 Hop a Plane ~ Tegan and Sara
33 Crash into Me ~ Dave Mathews Band 
*34 All I Ever Wanted ~ The Airborne Toxic Event 
35 And Justice for All ~ Metallica 
36 Live ~ Run to the Water 
*37 Stumbeline~ The Smashing Pumpkins - 'and what you never knew can never get to you'

38 Ruiner ~ Nine Inch Nails
39  You Can Close Your Eyes ~ James Taylor 
*40 New Romantic ~ Laura Marling 
41Ocean ~ John Butler (*Okay I'll admit this song should be much higher)
*42 For a Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimistic ~ Paramore

No comments:

Post a Comment