Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My top 10 movie ENDINGS!!!

This countdown will actually go down ^.^

My top ten favorite movie endings.

I'm here to remind you that a great ending can make or break an otherwise good film. (Aka; "High Tension", "The Descent American theatrical cut".)

*Honorable mention* A Clockwork Orange ~ (NOTE: THE BOOK'S ENDING IS MUCH DIFFERENT AND TURNS IT FROM A SATIRE (Movie) TO A MORALITY TALE (Book) & ACTUALLY CHANGES THE MOTIVATIONS OF ALEX http://content8.flixster.com/photo/10/41/31/10413198_gal.jpg(*But my god is this photo funny.) (I can't find the clip online)

*Runner ups* Funny Games (ORIGINAL/EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE THE SAME) *This is the actual ending* Salo (No I'm not a big fan of this movie, but after 2 hours of seeing young boys and girls raped, forced to eat excrement and tortured to death after mock weddings and being ridiculed who are mostly nude the entire f*cking movie ~ This is how it ends. ~ This ending left me just really wowed.
10. Gozu / The scene here is the beginning of the film. It's a horror comedy by Takashi Miike, kinda artsy and not for most and there is a kinda bizarre sex fetish thing I always forget when I think about the movie. However the ending is hilarious! If your obviously in the right mood while watching it. (Here's a scene that's not the ending.) (Basically the movie is about a Yakuza who's sent to assassinate his brother and then his brother goes missing in a town full of strange characters and a cow headed demon named 'Gozu'. Eventually he happens upon his brother . . . um and that's when the ending smashes you in the face with it's amazingness. Or at least it left my jaw on the floor.)

9. Dead Poets Society

8. Irreversible - once again a very disturbing film shows up on my list, more than likely because it's very hard to end these types of films well with any sort of grace. And because this film starts at the end and ends at the beginning is why it belongs on my list. It shows you how fast your world can truly spin out of control. (Here's the trailer of if you have a strong and I mean strong stomach one of the most memorable films in existence.) (For the record the last shot of the trailer is the ending of the film.)

7. Y Tu Mamma Tambian (I just had two movies with rapes in them about time I had a double dose of sex.) (Two horny young boys, best friends, both go on a road trip to seduce the same woman. Who's got motives of her own.) I'm not going to reveal the well reveal at the end of this movie but let's say it climaxes in well a climax.

6. Primal Fear (*SPOILER*) THIS IS NOT A TEASE THIS IS THE ACTUAL ENDING!!! (Regardlesss this is a great movie.)

5. Godfather 1 & 2 http://gropingtheelephant.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/the-godfather-part-ii-01.jpg

4. All that Jazz (*SPOILER ALSO THIS FILM IS TOO GOOD NOT TO MISS.)

3. The Usual Suspects (*SPOILER*) THIS IS NOT A TEASE THIS IS THE ACTUAL ENDING!!!

2. There Will Be Blood

1. And screw you all cause here it is. NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN

Rent it and get as sucker punched as I did ;)

Also, why isn't there any "Saw", why isn't there any "6th Sense"http://www.savagechickens.com/images/chickenspoiler2.jpg? Because another film on this list is revealed and edited in too simlar a fashion for me to group those together and left me with the exact same feeling. Not that I didn't enjoy it from a different point of view, but that wasn't the point. Each one of these left me feeling relieved (Salo), exhausted (Irreversible), exhillarated (The Usual Suspects, All that Jazz), Dumbfounded/Suckerpunched (No Country for Old Men). Yes and also no "Requiem for a Dream", I've already got two famous rape and tourture films I don't need heroin in my countdown either ;) but it's very, very, very noteworthy. And no "Boogie Nights" either I get enough giant penis in Salo thank you very much.

~ "The horror, the horror." - Final lines in "Apocalypse Now"

~ "Madness, Madness, Madness." - Final lines in "The Bridge on the River Kwai"

End of Chapter 20 of a 21 chapter book . . . "I was cured all right." ~ Alex De Large


No comments:

Post a Comment