Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Understated Performances

This list is of my top 5 performances in films that were noteworthy or just plain memorable that don't seem to have any attention given too them, just passed off as great moments. I recognize only two of these actors as continually having steady work and that's the two men in #5 & #2 other than that I don't know where the other 3 are but I just wish more actors with smaller roles would take each line and nuance as if it were carrying the entire weight of the film. And in some cases they truly are.

*Runner up*

~ The hostage in the meat freezer one on one with the Joker, which equally is one of the most shocking and intense scenes I've seen in a movie. That moment is legendary. But what about that actor?
http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/_Fl-iO06NFU/default.jpghttp://tengossip.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/2008-the-dark-knight-batman-movie.jpg


5. And I wanted to put this on a list but was just reminded of it. Kurtwood Smith in "Dead Poets Society". If he wasn't so realistic and truthful as a real Dad this film would never have worked.

4. Martin Scorese in The Taxi Driver

3. Older Private Ryan -

2. I f*cked her guy from Seven (9mins in*)

1. The guy from 6th Sense whose daughter was poisoned. I unfortunately can't find a clip of this brilliant performance.


(Also Donnie Wahlberg's performance in this movie is rather noteworthy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment